The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
Bryon.Dillon

Cant get my truck started after sitting for 1 year

Hello all, I'm hoping someone might throw a few ideas at me as to why this may be happening. I'm completely stumped. Anyways, so I went out to start my truck the other day and it wouldnt start. It turns over, but doesnt even attempt to fire. So I decided to put a little gas in the carb, it fires for a second and then quits, I'm assuming that its burning the fuel i put in there and then its starved. So i decided to take the fuel line going into the carb and disconnect it. I put the end of it in a pop can and turned the motor over to see if i was getting any fuel. Nothing. So obviously its the fuel pump I think, so I go buy a brand new fuel pump, slap it on there, same problem. The line coming from the tank has fuel in it and it keeps running, So i'm assuming that the line isnt clogged. I blew air through the line going from the pump to the carb, it wasnt clogged. The filter is a little dirty, so i tried removing it to see if i could get it to run for 1 sec and diagnose the problem that way. Still didn't run. Please help!

BTW this is a 1972 C10 350 Automatic

Thank you in advance!
Bryon.Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote