The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
NobleSix

Question Gauge Cluster Questions

hello all you happy people!

ive got a 67 gauge cluster i wanted to put in my 69. i looked at a couple catalogs and it seems a new one is about 600 doll-hairs or so. the one in the 67 looks like it was brand new at the time the PO installed it. only has 7000 miles on the odometer.

swapping the clusters was pretty simple. unplug the spedo cable, oil pressure tube, and unplug the large rectangular wiring connector, installation is the exact reverse.

i didnt notice i had a problem till i was driving at night.

i can turn the lights on, and everything works like normal. turn signals, brake lights, high/low beams ect.

the problem im having is when i try to turn up the dash lights, the brights come on, and both parking lights, as well as the brake lights also go to the "bright" setting. the gauges that arent connected to the gauge cluster light up like they should.

if i dont turn the dash lights on, everything is as normal, just cant see the gauges at night.

twist the knob to turn the dash lights on, brights light up, same with the parking and brake lamps, and pretty much only one dash light lights up. all the bulbs are fine and

the origional cluster from the 69 never had this issue, everything worked like it should. i even swapped the printed circuits, still the same problem.

is there a reason the 67 cluster wont work in my 69?

R.I.P. Corey "Flattus Maximus" Smoot 11/3/11
You will be missed. Your sound lives on.
NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote