The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
Bryon.Dillon

Electrical Issue 1972 C10

Hello Again,
Well I got my truck to run, but now I am having some sort of electrical issue...

When we originally got my truck to run, we had jumper cables connected to my dads truck and it starts up just fine. We disconnected the jumper cables and the truck still ran, and I let it run for a bit to charge the battery up. My dad left and I turned it off about 15 minutes later, I tried to turn the key on and nothing, no click no lights, nothing. I tried to turn the headlights on and acessories, nothing. So I cleaned the battery terminals, cleaned the grounds, checked to make sure I was getting power to the distribution block, everything fine. I'm really stumped on this one, I mean my battery could be pretty dead, but i would still be able to see the headlights come on really dim right? The thing that doesnt make sense to me is that the thing will start up and run rine if it's jumped, but as soon as you turn it off, it's like there is no battery in the thing at all. I've got the battery hooked up to a charger and i'm going to charge it over night and see what happens in the morning.
Bryon.Dillon is offline   Reply With Quote