The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
koda360

Bendix or Delco Moraine

Hey all, been lurking the board for some time now, just joined. First I'll start w/ what I have...
60 C-10 I've been working on for last few years. Just finished the floors and painted the better part of the interior. Guy I got the truck from had kit bashed this 60 w/ a 72. Not real sure what all he swapped out, but in a nut shell, torsion bars have been replaced w/ 72s coils. Also, drive train from 72 including a 350 and TH400, not sure about the 12 bolt rear.

When I got the truck, he had a plastic master cylinder and vac booster from a aerostar... I think? Being that I'm trying to keep this build, early 60s (63ish) shop truck turned hot rod, the plastic M/C had to go.... plus I don't really know where its from.

My plan is to us a parts store booster and m/c just for price and simplicity of later replacement. And keep the disk/drum set up from the 72. Namely this http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...972&vi=1410073

My question is, other than the visual differences, whats the mechanical diff between the bendix style and the delco style? Is one better than the other? One used for something the other one ain't like 1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton, ect. I will be buying the booster and M/C at same time as I have neither.
I've searched the board, answered lots of other q's, I just cant seem to answer this one.

I chose the 72 for the booster just to try to keep the brakes the same year. I have no idea what the truck rolled outta Norwood with. I won't be hittin any road coarses, just wanna make the truck have "working" power brakes...

Firewall mods aren't an issue, cut here, weld there, make bracket, ect. Any help would be great..... Thanks in advance!

Last edited by koda360; 11-28-2011 at 10:27 AM.
koda360 is offline   Reply With Quote