The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Hotrodrobert

New DD/Hunting truck-Any suggestions???

Here's the deal:
I am building a 76 4X4 shortbed for my favorite cousin and his oldest son. The son is to get the truck on his 16th BD. That is about a year and a half away.
The truck has great sentimental value and WILL be the truck we build. The kid learned to drive in this truck and is now very good at it but has no road experience yet.
Now the truck:
White 76 4X4 shortbed, stock 350 4bbl, 350 turbo, stock everything. It has receiver hitches front and rear and a good winch that can be used front or rear, and a good aluminum tool box in the bed. I has a bed held together only with paint and rusty fenders, hood, and doors, bad windshield and back glass, window mechanisms are very stiff, all rubber bad--------, you get the idea
Money is important but not critical, labor is mostly free, I have a lot of parts:
87 bed and dual tanks in excellent condition, front fenders, doors, hood and more from a 74 longbed, good electric windows and door locks from a 76 that is otherwise a rustbucket, a fresh 700R-4 built for 4wd that fits his transfer case, many SBC parts to make a really good near stock 350 or 383 with headers, new radiator, etc. and a lot more (small turbo??)
Can do a 5.3LS but have no parts for that.
Suggestions, mods, hunting mods, etc. are needed. Thanks!!!!
Hotrodrobert is offline   Reply With Quote