The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
yossarian19

Introducing myself & the truck

Hey, so I've posted a few "lost newbie" type questions here but thought I'd take a slow morning at work and throw up an intro post.
I'm Tom, I'm 27, not quite broke but not rich either. I'm an auto mechanic who has never worked on anyhting but MPFI engines. My old man is a hot rodder, has been since 1962, and I learned from him. So whatever I do with the truck, it probably won't be a resto.
Here's the truck as she sits now:
[IMG][/IMG]

Under the hood things are in progress and far from complete:[IMG][/IMG]

When I got to her, the head & oil pan were off & the #2 piston & rod are in a box in the cab.

The truck came into the family when my girl's father bough it in 1977. Her brother came into it maybe 10 years ago, got it running & used it until it spun a bearing. Now it's my turn.

I'm still not sure if I'm tearing the I-6 out to rebuild or to swap in a carbed SBC, or maybe go all the way and swap in an LS. I'm pretty sure I don't want to go through the wiring & swap issues for anything less than an LS, though, so if it isn't carb'ed it is going to be a 5.3 or 5.7 Vortec.

Thanks for reading & for all the info I've gotten here. Cheers!
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote