The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
Rudoo

New here :-) Questions about my 54 truck

Hi, my name is Jonna. I just bought a 54 truck. I have been wanting one. I am not a mechanic (and neither is my husband) so I hope I didn't get in over my head. I am not looking to fully restore it to show quality. I actualy like the distressed look I just wanted a truck that worked and then I could enjoy it and work on it as I could. I took the truck up to a shop today to have them look it over and tell me what needed to be fixed first. One main concern of mine was to get the brake lights working. They found I have 2 fuel line leaks and should replace the fuel line and drain gas, because it is old. Also need new brake hose and brake master cylinder. They tried to figure out what the problem was with the brake lights. When the headlights are on, I have tail lights. The turn signals work sometimes. Where do I start to find out whats wrong? Could it just be bulbs? Or is it wiring? Engine is original and 6 volt battery. Thanks for any help
Rudoo is offline   Reply With Quote