The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
RocketKing

Wiring+Non Starting = Headache

Okay, my head hurts from trying to figure this out so it is time to call in the Pros! (that'd be you guys!)

Truck will crank but will not start.

First a little background.

I have an AAW harness that allowed 6 extra fuses so i did not have to buy an extra fuseblock.

2- Battery Hot
3- Key Hot
1-Acessory only (powered when key is on but off when in crank)

All the battery hots have power and all the key hots retain power through crank. Accessory only is powering OBDII, lighter bulb, TCC, relays for AC and Fans.

Fuel pump will power for 2 sec cycle when turned to on, but will not repower at crank. No power at the relay when the key is turned to crank. It seems that the crankshaft sensor is not sending back the pulse to tell the fuel pump to open back up at crank, which I believe would not allow any spark at the injectors either. I have power to the crankshaft sensor.

So I am guessing that either

1-I am not getting a signal from the crankshaft sensor (I have already tried a new sensor)

2-Somehow the Accessory fused wires are cutting power at crank although I am not sure how that would affect if with what I have wired to it.

I am out of ideas and wondered if maybe some of you have run into a similar problem.