The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
AntonioFL

Question about 3 on the tree manual columm.

hi there guys,

Well i am very close to buy a good 1966 Chevy C10, its not really bad and the price is not bad too i will post the pictures of the truck soon, but yeah things i been looking for the type of truck that i want is, 1st Small Fleetside Bed with 3 speed on the tree on the Columm cuz i love to be different than others and is fun driving it old school style lol .

Anyways so this is what the truck has , 327 Chevy small block engine, small bed fleetside, but 3 speed Rock Crusher transmission which is on the floor, jezzz sucksss man, now i asked the owner is it possible to put back the original style 3 speed on the columm ? He told me yeah, but I have to find the Stick for the 3 speed cuz he says he took it out and dont know where in heck he put it and it was 2 years ago.

Is it Real True i can get the 3 on the tree speed columm back to original style ? or its just the Owner trying to pull my a fast one on me so i can believe him and buy his truck ? i mean he told me he never touch the columm he only place the stick to the floor ? i dont know what to look if he remove something else from the columm to make it to the floor. He says is simple to fix that problem and bring back the 3 speed on the tree instead of floor as it is now.

Help guys, i dont know much about this but man im very willing to learn things everyday once i get my real c10 chevy truck .

OH yes quick question, from 1960 to 1966, all C10 are pretty much same style i mean the looks ? if not whats the difference on body style for a short bed fleet side and what year from what year its pretty same . thanks.

sorry for all this dumb questions but i will never find out if i dont ask.
AntonioFL is offline   Reply With Quote