The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
lsteiner72

Rear Bed Corner

Howdy guys,

A couple of questions for you guys the truck is a '70 LWB:

1- I tried searching but had limited results, does anyone know of any threads about the repair of the rear bottom corners under the tail lights of the fleetside bed?

I'm currently working on the body work of the bed and both rear bottom quarters under the tail lights is smashed in. The drivers side wasn't too bad and able to knock the dents out well enough to smooth out with filler. HOWEVER, the passenger side is really bad smashed in, radi from back to side creased right shut and I don't think it's going to be a easy knock the dent out adventure as I don't think I'll ever get the radius from the back to the side correct again.

So that leads me to my second question:

2- Is there a vendor out there that makes this as a repair patch? The only one I found is from brothers to the tune of $90

I know my other option would be to find a junk yard truck which I may have a line on a couple but I don't know their condition so then I'm also dealing with 40+ year old metal again.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Lucas
lsteiner72 is offline   Reply With Quote