The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
FoxHound

Another Half Cab Thread...

Hey y'all, I've been on here for a couple years now but I don't post too often, but I've been looking into getting a half top for my 72 k/5....

I know this is a pretty common topic and there are a few threads on here and other site forums, but I'm just tryin to get all the info I can. Basically I want to have options...I love the topless ride and the full top, but sometimes I need a pickup. I know it's damn near impossible to buy a half top --new or used-- for a decent price, so I'm more interested in building one from a donor cab off a truck (I'm always checking craigslist though for deals). I'm pretty handy with metal fab and I know it can be done, but any pics/advice would be great.

Also, interior pics of a half cab would be great if anyone has any, I'm pretty tall and I need all the leg room I can get, so I need to get an idea of what kind of room is in there before I go diggin into this project. Thanks.