The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #11
scottofksu

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
Looks like a pretty solid plan. I recomend our new C-10 sway bar over the Helwigs, especially in the rear. There front is comparable to ours. (ours is 1 1/4) You really need a panhard rod that allows you to adjust the Roll Center. Ours, or Hotchkis. If you have 400+ fl./lb. of torque avail, you dont need the 3.28 first gear, stay with the 2.87. That is a fairly good shock. - but you may want to consider relocating the rear mounts. Our shock mount kit realy does make a difference, better money spent there. When will you be starting.
Thanks for your reply, Rob! I definitely will be buying any of this stuff that you have over anyone else! After all, EVERYTHING I know about suspension tuning I've learned from this thread or through it's inspiring me to read further. I hope everyone is supporting you for your kind assistance to us!

I have the front end off now and am going to be starting up there first. My first step, when the weather improves for even a day, is to head to you pull it and aquire a set of 72-87 A-arms and steering components. I figure that will be a good time to get a set of your drop spindles. Once I get those installed, along with disc brakes, I'll be calling for the front sway bar. You don't sell the steering boxes do you? I'd rather buy it from you if possible... You ever consider making your own handling kits?

Thanks again!
Posted via Mobile Device
scottofksu is offline   Reply With Quote