The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: How about some pics of 60-66 Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61ChevyPanel View Post
I did most of the work on this in the late 1980's. Those mirrors were popular then. I'm not excited about replacing them with OEM mirrors so I'm looking for suggestions. I want to go with a 60's custom style for the truck when I make updates next year. The truck has been garaged since 1991. I'll have the time and money to get it back on the road next year, God willing.

Does anyone reproduce stainless windshield trim for 60-63 trucks?

Any opinion on bumper guards for my truck?

The billet dash and steering wheel will be replaced. I'd love to get one of those 1960's Chrysler Imperial square-type steering wheels but they're expensive.

Daryl
I didn’t see your post earlier. In response to your questions –

1960-63 windshield stainless is not currently being reproduced. Original trim in good condition is hard to find and relatively expensive. If you buy a used set, make sure it includes the small connector pieces or you may have an even harder time finding them by themselves. Also if you find a set – do a search on this site regarding best windshield gaskets. Some brands work fine while others are horrible.

Smoothing bumpers has been a customizing standard for decades, but personally I’ve always liked bumpers guards. Post #224 on the following links shows two different factory installation specs:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...+guards&page=9

I like your steering wheel idea.