The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
el_guapo

Ca audio shops labor fees. Wow/ simple car sys thread.

My 73 Has a low end sound system in at the moment, I'm not really a big audio guy/ however I have had nice audio systems. With the chevy I want to make sure I have a decent sound system as part of the interior.

I do like to support my local economy anytime I can. Went down to a car audio only store, talked to the guy about a 10" subwoffer in a box to fit behind the seat along with some simple already enclosed speakers to put behind them. Lastly to install another cd player.
Labor 230plus tax.

Again, I'm happy to pay to have some work done in town and make sure it's proffesionaly clean. BUT I don't understand how running wires for an hour can turn into 230.

I ordered my new cd deck and speakers online, bought a wiring kit online saved a good chunk of change. About 100 savings after shipping. I am going to buy to 5dollar tool to pull out cd players today and run some sound deadener/run this wiring kit. I still need to pick up a sub/amp/box. But I'll wait until i can get the items installed. I will start a mini build thread for the audio if anyone is interested.
Happy new years everyone.
Anthony
Posted via Mobile Device
el_guapo is offline   Reply With Quote