The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
C-10 simplex
Account Suspended

Re: Project Opinion - When its it time to call it quits?

Well, a $2 set of earplugs at the hardware store can solve the noise problem. You can still hear outside sounds, sirens etc. with the plugs on. So, to stop driving it just because of that i don't think is a good move.

All my cars are noisy----i think most of the sound deadening comes actually more from the underlay than the carpet, although the carpet helps alot too. i've had to drive bare floor for a while due to interior flooding.

IF you really can get a runner that needs little to no work and the goal is just to have a 4x4 crewcab then that MIGHT be a good move. HOWEVER, you still have to spend more money getting that ideal truck. Also, how are you so sure you can sell some parts to offset the cost? Spending more money when you say you have none, not a good move. Strike 2.

Why not just continue to drive it and casually make improvements as the budget allows? Why are you in such a hurry to finish?

Maybe put 50% of your net income into it. Keep the other 50% in savings

i remember seeing this truck when you first got it; Had you kept it the way it was, i don't think there would be such a budget crisis now. It was you who choose to make such serious modifications. And i think you miscalulated----the problem isn't the truck----the problem is you overbought.

Personally, i would check the paint to see if it is right because you don't want the "new" cab to rust and just drive it alotting a percentage of income to be put into it. i would personally put 2% to 20% into it. You say it will never get done? You'd be surprised how fast the money will add up if you have a consistent income.

Last edited by C-10 simplex; 01-04-2012 at 11:05 AM.
C-10 simplex is offline   Reply With Quote