The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Jmageee902004

brake line size

So im in the process of running new brake lines throughout my truck 1964 4x4 because all the bleeder screws on the wheel cylinders where stuck and the flex lines needed to be replaced. I've decided to run 1/4 inch steel lines to 1/4 wheel cylinders and I dont have power brakes.

I'm having a hard time finding 1/4inch flex lines,the lines that go from the steel lines to the wheel cylinders. The originals where 3/7 and 24", Most Local stores only have 12" 1/4 flex lines and say they dont have 1/4 lines that are 24" or don't know how to find them in the system. Is their another vehicle that has 24" lines 1/4 that i can have them look up, or a place to order them online.

My second question, the guys at NAPA told me that i have to run a small size 3/8 line from the T off the 1/4 master cylinder or the brakes don't work. Is this true? they kept showing me pictures of power brakes and said they figured its the same for non power brakes, so i'm not sure if i need to switch from a bigger to smaller line or not.

Im running 1/4 lines because i had a bunch of extra steel line to use.
Jmageee902004 is offline   Reply With Quote