The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Question Winter Storage

Need some hints here.

It looks like with the impending move to our new house, I won't have a place to park the truck during the winter. I usually use it as a second vehicle all year round, even during the winter, but until I make some changes to the new yard next summer, I don't have room for it. And during the winter up here, street parking can get tricky during snow clearing time.

So, my Father-in-Law has offered me to park it on their yard out of town. I am intending to drive it out there following our move (early December) and leave it parked until spring (March or April).

Are there any special precautions I should take before letting it sit that long in the cold? It can get to -35 Celcius up here.

Also, do you guys recommend anything for keeping the mice away. The truck is pretty tight, so I don't know if they'd get into the cab, but just in case?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh, BTW, this is not a performance machine, just a good condition daily driver.

Thanks.
Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote