The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
no moa

Re: Meet Project Red, White, and Blue

Well the frontend is mostly together, just need to get the tierods and stuff put on once i get the steering box on.

I got to say, the pass side went on great. The upper BJ (made in USA) didn't fit real good, but once i got it bolted in place it was ok. It uses a 3/4 nut )tiny) The lower bushing arm i don't think is right, the nuts don't thread in all the way, i went by the book 3 times, and i'm still not sure i did it right. So i tightened it up so it won't fall off.

The drivers side was a PITA!!!!! The upper ball joint (made in taiwan) lower rubber boot holder wouldn't even fit in the hole. I bought all these parts 3 months ago, so there was no going back. I widened the upper a-arm hole a little, got it set in place and wound the s!@t out of the bolts. It uses a 7/8 nut (big) Its in there now. I am sure i'll have to replace it in 500 miles, but i need to get this thing on the ground and back to my garage to put the motor in it.

The lower DS bushing i can tighten both sides up till they bottom out. (WTH) They are all center to the best of my ability.

So at this point, I'm not sure if the bushing/shaft alignment are right, the ball joints are crap (thanks napa for 2 different ball joints with the same part number WTH) The springs went in nice, got the spindles in place. I snugged it all up tight, so it won't fall apart moving it. No torquing though.

The rear leafs have new bushings, and are set in place and mounted to the crap rearend. I'm going to get new grade 8 bolts and find some new U-bolts this week, and that will take care of the rear leafs.

More pics later.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote