The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
57bigwindow

57 GMC Big Window low budget build

Hello my name is Bern and I'm about to embark on a complete frame off custom restoration to my 1957 GMC Big Window. The 2nd series trucks have always been my favorite and I finally got myself one via craigslist 3 years ago. New England has very slim pickings so I had the truck shipped from Utah. I've been collecting parts for many years and this is what I have planned. 05 Escalade 6.0 ho, t56 6spd trans, 95 corvette IFS, Ford 9inch narrows with disc, and a bunch of other little but necessary parts. I have a very small 1 car garage that I'm almost done wiring and pluming so I can build the truck. I hope to get steady work done on the truck and have the frame complete by spring. My amazing wife just got me a new welder and plasma cutter for xmas, now that I'm done all the household renovations shes locking me in the garage. I'm excited for this build and to document it,this site has so much to offer with support and inspiration.
Attached Images

57bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote