The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
L&L70

Need Some Measurments

Hello All,

I think this is my first post and I hope it counts. I have been creeping this site for a while now getting my ducks in a row. I have a bone stock 1970 C10long bed with an I6 and 3 speed. My goal is a truck, that at ride height, looks exactly like the day it left the factory (bias plys and all), but when aired out, it buries the pinch in the dirt. I have alot of questions, but I am initially seeking some numbers before I tear into the frame. I have bought a 1971 chassis for the five lugs and front disks and the convenience of customizing it while driving the other. When I am complete I will swap over the drive train and sheet metal and be back rolling, just lower. This site is a welcomed overload of info and ideas with no lack of talent. All mods will be done in my garage for little to no money. Thanks ahead of time.

Matt

1) How much to lower the cab mounts to flush the pinch the frame rails? (my body mounts and bushings are to far gone to get an accurate measurement)

2) How big of Z to allow the front cross member to touch when the frame does. (this measurement is easy enough, but wondering of any pros and cons to going more or less than even)

3) Should the axle centers be moved front or back to better center the wheels to the openings?

4) Will a basic double convoluted bag have enough travel to go from the ground to stock height?
L&L70 is offline   Reply With Quote