The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Lapper

New-to-me '71 K5 Jimmeh

Hi Folks,

I've lurked here long enough, but now I have something to post about. I picked up a '71 Jimmy yesterday. I traded my dirt bike and some cash for it.

Here are the pics from the sellers Flickr page.

For the short term, I just want it to pass Aircare (provincial emissions inspection) and fix what smells like a gas leak and a weak defroster. I'm just going to drop it off at a reputable mechanic for these items (Granville and Avery in Vancouver, BC), just to get it insurable the fastest. For the medium term, I would like to keep it as a driving resto, focusing on fixing the rust before it gets worse. Eventually I would like to bring it back to the stock colour (gold?) with some minor performance enhancements.

This vehicle has been restored previously, a long time ago, but could use a good going over again.

The engine and drive train are fantastic and it starts up immediately. The owner drove it out of the driveway through a snowbank with no difficulty, so the 4x4 is fine.

It is an automatic, which will take some getting used to. It does drive like a '71 truck though, hehe. I think a new steering box with a more pleasing ratio will help in that regard.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase. This site is a wealth of knowledge and has helped me a great deal with my other truck ('72 K20).
Lapper is offline   Reply With Quote