The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Ironhorse

4x4 Stk. to Auto ?

Finally was able to find the TH350/np-205 combo I've been looking for to replace my sm465/np-205 set-up. Thanks to coops714x4 for putting me onto LINELOCK for his combo and then HeavyMetalChevy for stepping up to help in transporting this from Nevada to Kansas. That's why I love this board so much, guys are always willing to help out another truck nut. Before I get started need a couple questions answered. Not at all familiar with auto
4x4's so here goes:

1. Is there a differance in the automatic linkage from the frame to the trans in a 4wd setup vrs. a 2 wd setup? I have most of the linkage from a '70 3/4
2wd sitting here from a parts truck.

2. I need the flex-plate/starter ring for the th350, is the starter the same between 2wd and 4wd. My starter bolts to the bell housing with 2 bolts at the front on the bottom and 1 bolt from the back all horizontal and not vertical.

3. No differance in front or rear driveshaft length from std. to auto? Is the driveshaft yokes the same front and rear from std. to auto?

4. Cross members differant? Have a auto 2wd trans crossmember on my parts truck. I know the 4x4 engine cradel or crossmember is differant.

Any help or tips here guys is much appreciated. I'm sure I will have more questions down the road as this all comes together.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote