The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

working on the 1971 Cheyenne 1/2 ton

Ya I've been working on my 1971 chevy Cheyenne I'm looking to do the whole front end on it.While i was under the truck I noticed I don't have a factory sway bar.I thought if you bought a Cheyenne you get one with that modal of truck strange.I do have a question.I'm having to remove the Core support and passenger wheel well do to the PO let the old battery sweat or leak out and it ate the battery tray and core support and wheel well.Lucky I found a guy junking out a 1972 3/4 ton with perfect parts.My main question is do i have to take the hood off the truck to get the core support off.Or can i just losen up the fenders and spread them a little and pull the core support out.

I've token Both wheel wells off bumper radiator every thing that needed to come off or disconnected it off so are the core support bolts But looks like i will be buying news ones do to they are a little on the rusty side

One other question dose any one make a stainless steel I bolts and the sleeve so i don't have the rust issue even the steel square wash would be nice
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote