The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
melks

1984 Shorty

Hey gang, I've recently got my hands on my first square body (1984 SWB Silverado). I picked up the truck in North Carolina and I am more than happy with the purchase. Im currently working on hauling the truck back to Canada where I live so it will be a while before i get some updates flowing through here...I intend to run this truck as my daily driver so i am going for a clean original look. When i get it back up north i plan on going through the truck just to make sure everything is in working order and safe for todays roads...The original 305 was swapped out in favor of a 350 and the previous owner has put a set of Hedman headers on it along with a magna flow exhaust setup.
Near future plans: 2' 4' drop (havent decided on which brand to go with yet...was hoping a couple of you guys would be able to chime in and give some advice as far as different brands are concerned...djm, belltech.. but im leaning towards western chassis drop spindles up front and the replacement leafs out back) As well i would like to go through the interior and replace/clean it up. The clear coat on the truck is peeling off as we speak so shes definitely going to need some attention as far as the paint sector is concerned. Anyway enough talk for now...
Attached Images

melks is offline   Reply With Quote