The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
skyreep1

So many problems... Help?

Okay so, I have two 71 c10's.

One has a transmission that's shot and some body work, the other has oil fouled plugs and some body problems. This question is about the second truck, as I don't have the money to get a new tranny. For now I just wanna get one on the road.

My truck has oil fouled plugs so I bought a can of engine restore and new plugs hoping it might cure the problem but when I cranked it there was still a lot of black smoke. The carb also has a leak somewhere and both my valve covers are leaking. The worst part is, half the time the 3 speed shifts well, but the other half, when you try to put her in reverse she grinds and wont get into any other gears. It's like the shifter is loose and it can only get into the gears half the time. The thing is, it only has 60000 original miles. So, what is the bare minimum I need to do to get truck on the road? I ship out for training in 5 months so I'll be able to fix both of them when I get back but for now I just need something to drive. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
skyreep1 is offline   Reply With Quote