The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: rear grill what do you think?
yay?? 34 68.00%
nah?? 16 32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
losthope

Rear Grill?

Im more into custom 50's and 60's cars/trucks and wanted to try my hand at something custom and not done before on my truck....since my rear fenders on my bed were pretty bent from p.o. backing into something and i didnt want to just do a rear roll pan ,i had a vision to do a rear grill like some old show trucks/cars in like in the 50's and 60's, my plan is to make a floating grill like i did in the front of my truck and wanted the same type of grill lines so i decided to use to grills and weld them together and fit them into the opening......this is just a mock up and will be building a enclosure behind the grill that will be painted black that will hold the drawer/door knobs like the front grill so you wont be able to see under the truck thur the grill , i was thinking of running my exhaust at the very ends of the grill then fill the rest in with knobs(no bullets), or might just run the exhaust tips under the grill and fill it in with just knobs..... even tho ill probably do it any ways and i dont like it cut it off ,what do you think yay, or nah??? Plus i know how you guys like to do poll's

and the rest of the blue grill expanded metal will be cut out its just there now for structure......and dont mind the bags of cansin the bed LOL

front grill:

rear grill:

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142

Last edited by losthope; 02-05-2012 at 05:52 PM.
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote