The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Schwinn

Questions - Help about 1970 2WD Blazer

I was recently parked at a cruise area for hotrods in San Diego and some guy walked up very excited about my blazer and wanted to see inside my glove box and inside my drivers door. He said everything was correct as a 2WD Blazer but mine has all the markings of a 1969 even tho they did not make a 1969 2WD. iNSIDE OF DOOR SAYS June of 1970 inside the door that it must have retained all that was 1969 before they switched to all the stuff in 1970 ????
How else would I know or check for?
Since they only built 985 in 1970 can I figure out what production # mine is?
Is mine a rare 1969??? Since it was built in June of 1970 that makes it a 1970 RIGHT??

Notes: For 1970
New grill with six groups of silver "dashes" above and below the horizontal aluminum center bar with Chevy's name across it.

The Blazer's single-unit body was joined to a heavy channel steel frame and had a completely removable fiberglass top.

A 4x2 Blazer was produced this year, Only 985 were produced!

Notes: For 1969
First production year for Chevrolet's entry into the expanding 4x4 off-road vehicle field.

An aluminum center piece, in the grille, was embossed with the Chevrolet name, it had integral, rectangular parking lamps at each end, next to its square headlamp housings. A large Chevrolet bow tie was at the front center of the hood.

The Blazer's single-unit body was joined to a heavy channel steel frame and had a completely removable fiberglass top.

Chevrolet production records show a model number and listing for a 4x2 Blazer, but indicate that none were built in this model-year.

I restored it

Last edited by Schwinn; 02-07-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Schwinn is offline   Reply With Quote