The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
davepl

Quiet electric fuel pump? Timed relay?

I'm looking for two things that may not exist, but maybe they do and I just need someone to point me at them!

I need to run an electric pump in one of my vehicles because the ZZ502 big block doesn't have a mechanical pump boss (or pushrod). Right now it has the standard old Holley Blue pump on it, and it's too loud and annoying. Sounds like my power steering is shot!

So first, does anyone have any experience with a quiet pump? I see Edelbrock sells a "Quiet Flo" but marketing is marketing - anyone have any experience with it?

Second, has anyone ever heard of a timed relay for pre-computer cars with an electric pump? I need a relay that will prime for a few seconds when it first sees power and then resume, like normal, when it sees the ground signal from the oil pressure switch. Right now I have just a standard relay, which works great while the car is running but if the float bowl gets empty, it's got no way to prime it. I could add a bypass switch but I'm sure there must have been a factory setup I could steal a relay from. So far though everything I've found still relies on a computer (ECM) to tell it to prime.

Thanks!
Dave
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote