The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
jayboe

New guy from Oklahoma

Hello, my name is Jason, and I have a ton of questions.. A 58 or 59 Apache 38was given to me by my uncle. I say 58 or 59 becase of the quad headlights, and 38 because of the fender emblem. It will run, is pretty much all original, but has been sitting for several years.. It has a 6 cyl, and looks like it was originally a flat bed of some kind. It has single rear wheels, but looks like it could have had dual rear wheels at some point.. The cab is in great shape, and very minimal rust issues.. My questions are this.

1) It has a wrap around rear glass, was that specific to a certain year?
2) I would like to find a good source of information about what it had originally, and what modern improvements to the brakes can be adapted easily..
3) What size are the wheels/tires, and would the bolt pattern be the size of some of the later model heavy duty trucks.. I plan to get some pics this weekend to share, and hopefully get more info about what i have..I havent seen it in a few months.
4) I want to learn all I can about this and make just a nice reliable farm truck and try to save it. Thanks in advance for all of your help..Feel free to call or text if you can help me.. Thank you.. 918-638-9877
jayboe is offline   Reply With Quote