The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
smoknbarrels
Registered Mail

Wanted: bodyman/painter willing to make some good money!!

Hi all!
I haven't been on the site in ages, as my project has come to a standstill for the last 3 years.
I have a '67 C-10 that is bagged and needs someone with better metal skills then I have. I am willing to fly someone here (return) to come work on my project. I am willing to pay $60/hr cash (u.s. or can. funds) until the truck is done, or at the least till the body is done and painted. Accomodations and meals will also be provided (staying at my house). If you would like a helper to come along with you we can negoitiate their wage and I would also fly him up. I am also willing to assist with the project eventhough bodywork and painting is not my strong point.

I am located on a farm, so parts stores are about 35 mins away, I have all new reproduction sheet metal for the truck except for the cab and doors. all wiring, carpet, seals, mounts, hardware... you name it I have everything for the truck and it is all new. I have already done the frame/suspension and a new engine/trans are installed. I will supply all paint, shop supplies or parts I forgot as needed.

It is impossible to find a bodyshop here in Alberta with a shop rate less then $125/hr, even if I supply them with all my new panels and fenders I get quotes of around $20,000 for the cheapest no-name autobody shops ... and this is just paint! no trim, electrical, or interior installed.

On our farm we have everything you need! a large 40'x50' heated workshop with 14' walls. a high capacity air compressor, new miller 212 mig welder, acetylene torch, stick welder, massive selection of hand and power tools, jacks, hydraulic press... ask me and I am sure I have it.
If interested I can provide more information or photos of the work area and truck as needed.

What do I expect? I don't want a car warriors scene, 10-12hr days max, and take days off here and there as needed. I want a truck that is all metal not bondo and to have quality workmanship on it that can be appriciated. Of course I would also need to see some previous work done by you and determine that your skills are adequate.

So if you, your brother, your neighbour or someone you know - wants to make some extra bucks and has a few weeks of holidays coming, or if you or your shop is low on work, perhaps this can help give you that $10,000 boost! I am a farmer, so as soon as May hits I will be busy, so I would like to start this project asap and see it on the road for this summer. I am just tired of it not going forward the last few years, just because I can't find a reasonable shoprate. I will continue to search locally and try bribe shop owners to take my project on in the meantime.

If interested, please PM me.
If I am out to lunch or too low on what an autobody professional should be paid, please PM me!
If you have a question or comment, please post.

Thanks!
smoknbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote