The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
jeffro2

Building a 10th scale 1975 Blazer

Hello, as you can guess my name is Jeff.

I started the 1st thread on my basic hobby, and if no one cares too much, I would like to do a thread on one of my builds start to finish, to give you guys a chance to see how I build one.

It is scratch built , but this body is already formed, so its just a matter of cutting and re cementing it.

Some I have to make from scratch because there are not many to choose from, and I was sick of seeing toyota rc trucks everywhere on my RC forums.

Here goes.. This is a Tamiya Clod Buster body that I picked up from ebay. Everyone argues about its scale size (10th or 12th scale) and what year it is, I usually just say its an 80's model or its an 85.

I know some of you know this already but I will try to fill in the info for the others that may not know.

Anyway, this is a clod buster.. it was mine in 1991..

A little cutting

Borrowed the topper from the other blazer for a test fit..

I ended up taking another 1\4 inch from the bed, and cemented it all together

Before I go on, I use this stuff for all my putty needs, its hard as rock and yet is flexible, and doesn't shrink as much as the others I've used.

and this is what I use to cement or weld the plastic styrene and ABS with,

A shot of both of my Blazers...The red an white one on the left is now the Black one in my other thread.

The problem with these toy bodies is all the sun roofs and Blower holes in the hoods have to filled up..

Making the topper, I try to reuse what I cut off these truck bodies.

I'm going to stop here and get some coffee and make sure everyone is ok with this, and do you want me to continue ??

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote