The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
iwanta70

I got my '70

After attempting a '72 C10 and '71 K10 that were too far gone to mess with, I finally found my '70 4X4. Its a 350 and 4 speed, power brakes and steering and the PO swapped in '72 8 lug running gear with 4.56 gears. Talk about a stump puller... but on the plus side it has discs up front. A little surface rust here and there, some small holes in the bed but the frame is still black and the corners and rockers are both solid and original. It was originally olive green but is now covered with with some kind of grey primer or a horrible paint job. I have some ambitious plans for it, like swapping in the running gear from my '71 K10 to make it a little more highway friendly since it has 3.73 gears and I have a seat from an '06 Dodge I'd like to put in. The family of mice I evicted from the '70 weren't too happy about leaving but they left a nice mousy smell for me to remember them by, ha. Its straight and solid and a 1970 just like me. I'm pretty happy.
Attached Images