The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
59weasel

My daughters first ride!

well we talked it over, and over, and over and told her we found her a truck. (she doesn't like the new rice burner cars, it was a truck or jeep for her.) she is 14 so this gives me 2 yrs. to get it "pretty" for her.

just picked up a running (straight 6) very clean partially redone '66 chevy LWB for her for $550.00. she loves the LWB not a fan of the SWB...odd i know but she says they look to square. we finally took her by and showed her this Saturday afternoon and she was grinning from ear to ear. "i love it! this is so awesome" she says!

so know the work begins, i will be putting my '59 SWB on the back burner for a little bit longer so we can get this diamond polished up.
it's a 3/4 ton 6cyl. with a stick. plans are to change over to 1/2 ton, cut a coil out for an easy (an cheap) drop. change from stick to auto for her, and do a little body work here and there and she wants the teal/blue, old swimming pool color and white. with steel wheels painted to match and white walls. so here we go! my kid is a one in a million! 14 yr. old boys might think this is cool........but a 14yr. old girl???? who'da thunk? guess all those yrs. of showing her "cool cars" and going to rod shows paid off! guess you can tell i'm a proud poppa!
'06 Silverado 2500HD (daily driver)
'12 Equinox (wifes ride)
'66 Chevy LWB (daughters ride)
59weasel is offline   Reply With Quote