The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
85sierraclassic

score today

i was at a friends today and he was working a kids truck that was a cluster **** to say the least. the truck was a 78-80 frame 86 body, the thing had 6 inches of body lift under the nose and no bushings and the rest 3" and half the rubber mounts lol, cabs rotted to hell, nails holding carpet inplace, cluch wouldnt return do to not extending the cluch linkage right and what not, anyways the kid wanted to get it running anyhow. well had to change the fuel pump and rod the kid tryed to put on himself, he somehow bent the rod and messed the fuel pump up. so fixed that got it running then the water pump went to ****, fixed that. the the frost plug had a blow out so the kid said screw it im not gunna mess with it anymore.

well later in the afternoon he said he would come get it, well another friend of mine wanted the 4 spd and gear drive, pedles etc. so he offered to buy that out of it for $150 and that was a deal so then the kid comes back and says hes got a guy willing to buy the whole thing for $400. well i was standing there and was like well i wouldnt mind having the 3/4 axles and motor.

the moral of the story, we both went in on it and got it for $400 split down the middle and i get the axles and running 350 with new fuel pump and new water pump and newer edelbrock carb, and he gets the trans and transfer and a few other inside parts. and we split what we get out of the scrap lol good day i would say. besides the 30+ mph winds outside making it colder than hell while tearing it apart lol