The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
bob-n

The quickie build: 62 Chevy Fleetside " The Hooker's Heel"

Sometimes you sit on something for a few years... With a vision in your head, and itch to complete it, and then life steps in your way. I bought this truck a few years back, 2009 I think, because I had this truck in my head and it had to come out. Then I tripped over life. A long drawn out divorce later I was ready to move this truck and add a 27 track T to my looming mid-life crisis instead.

Until I came across these wheels here on this site. They were the wheels of the vision of this truck in my head...

And sometimes that's all it takes. Mid December 2011 I decide I'm going to build this and order some dropped spindles and disc brakes. I complete bolting them on on Christmas eve and call my uncle with a crazy idea. Can we put this thing together and make the Milwaukee World of Wheels show 7 weeks away? Heck, we gotta give it a shot. So, it gets wheeled out and driven over to my uncles barn. Well, not that easy. After putting the drop spindles on the alignment was off by literally inches. Dialed it back in, then made the trip and left it sit outside.
Came back the next morning, 9am Christmas morning it all began.

That's how she rolled in. Unnamed, but looking sexy with her new shoes on.

Last edited by bob-n; 03-05-2012 at 10:19 PM.
bob-n is offline   Reply With Quote