The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
lenguini

Re: How do you fix this??Repo body parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustbucket66 View Post
Ed,
Oh, don't feel too special, I'm ready for a shrink also. I agree with your decision, take that crap back, and just ask them to try and put it together on the floor. The big lower bracket on the inners is in the wrong place, and the fun is just starting. One other thing. Don't use anything but an OEM rad support. That is a very important piece, the inner fenders, outer fenders, and header panel all bolt to it. Mine was totally unacceptable, could not be repaired. It was 3/8 inch short from side to side, the bends for the front splashpans were in the wrong place, and several weldnuts in the wrong places. There was more than that, but I think you get the idea. I repaired an original instead. You will have way less grief and spend a lot less money getting some oem parts, and repairing them, trust me. You will have a more quality product after also. I had no choice, once I started fixing this junk. I couldn't take them back because I had messed with them, and I couldn't afford to buy more parts when I had so much time and money into these. It makes me angry to spend so much time and money on brand new parts. The spotwelds are so deep that there is a lot of bondo to go in there, even if they were a perfect fit to start. I'd like to have a coffee with the owner of the company that makes this sh%$. I might have my hands around his neck before it was over. The more people like you that I can save some grief and money for, the better.
Did you have this problem with your aftermarket rad support...out of level up and down? here's some pics from last night of my nightmare,it leans back so far in the pic it look like the truck t-boned a retaining wall,so I again backed off all the bolts except the 2 at the top of the inner at the firewall....then my air gap front inner to rad support is even worse than yours was.
So what about your oem rad support,does it lean back at all,or is it level ?What did you use in sequence under your rad support for washers and cushions.I followed the instructions with my mounting kit,maybe that was my mistake ?

I knew from the beginning that the rad support is not something that should be compromised ,I had no luck finding a good used one to rebuild ...so here I am.
Just so you know,I sent you a pm re the rad support...i Im definitely interested.
Attached Images

My build thread-project truck dream 65"

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=510863
lenguini is offline   Reply With Quote