The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
62-One-Ton

Project: Change of Plans

So I bought my 62 with the intensions of making it a 4x4 and putting around in the snow with it. Well... After sneaking around the forum for a little then joining, plans have changed. Now I'm building the truck to be a crusier. 2wd with bags and all the goodies. So heres what Ive got so far, Frame is ready for new suspension, has 73-87 front member ready to go. It has the 1 1/4" rotors so I can swap to 6 lug front with out having to get new drop spindles yet. The new plan is to bag the front with stock arms, and build a custom rear notch with a new rear half of the x member. Planning on 7" bags up front and 8" bags in rear. Valves will be a sweet setup which I will talk about later.
Im going to try and get this thing to lay frame or as close as I can get to it before needing a drop member front. Well, heres some pics of what Ive got done so far.

The night I bought it.

New fender and body prep.

New door and hood and more body prep.

Little rust in top of driver door jamb.

Rest of driver side door jamb looks good.

And the newest thing is my frame.

Let me know what y'all think. And I'll try to keep it updated as I get things done. Thanks. Mike.
62-One-Ton is offline   Reply With Quote