The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
rpatowers

New Brakes - Hydroboost or 1-ton Booster

I'm getting ready to replace the brake system on my 72 1/2 ton Chevy 4 x 4. I'm tired of driving a truck with crummy brakes and I plan on doing some towing with my truck, so I want to have a system than is better than straight stock.

I've been reading the forum (a lot) and talking with suppliers and I've determined that I should go one of two ways:

1. Put in a hydroboost system

or

2. Use a 1-ton booster on a regular system

The guy who I will be purchasing my stuff from recommends #2. He says that with the 1-ton booster I will have plenty of stopping power, will save money when compared to the hydroboost system, and my foot wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. However, I kind of like the idea of a hydroboost because it is a very good system and will be nice improvement for my truck. But I don't want to just throw away money because I think the hydroboost is a neat system.

Which way would you go? Are any of you running a 1-ton booster in you 1/2 ton system? How well does it work?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, folks.
rpatowers is offline   Reply With Quote