The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #11
toocrazy

Re: 69 slammed, 22"/24" bbc shaved clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Looks really nice assembled.

What's the story on the burb?
Is there a build thread on it?
No Burb build thread yet..............I bought the 66 Burb from a local engine builder. This guy builds those high dollar camaro's and this suburban was his daily driver. It was a nice one owner truck and it is solid as a rock. I told him the day he wanted to sell it i would buy it. What made it special was the twin turbo fuel injected small block motor. This motor was built first class.....you can't imagine what a blast it was to drive this rocket ship. I put some Ride Tech tubular control arms in the front with bags and Porterbuilt's drop trailing arms and C-notch in the back and installed disc brakes on all 4 corners. I had more plans for the truck and had a transmission issue. A local shop had the truck for 3 months and I lost my drive on it. I picked up the truck (transmission not done yet), brought it home and took the motor out of it and there it sits in my garage. I was planning on dropping a nice small block in it and selling it.
Sorry for the long story but I am really at a stumbling block.
toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote