The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
pops70

Blazer tank install with a twist

Hi everyone,

Here is my blazer tank install with a couple of twists that I have not seen done before. The first photos are of the original fuel filler set up with the billet alluminum aero full filler that I purchased. I seen this done on a bronco forum and thought I would give it a try. I did not like this original set up because it required a 90 degree angle immediately behind the gas cap which made filling up the truck a slow process. I could not run the pump at full speed and gas kept wanting to pour back out of the gas cap.

The second set of photos is where I installed a jeep fuel bezel and then installed the aero filler inside of the bezel. The jeep bezel is a little larger than I would like but I am hoping the 45 degree angle it placed the gas cap will make filling the truck a little easier and less messy. I prefer functionality over looks. Later I will install a billet door to cover everything. I will update how my second approach works filling the truck up.
Attached Images

pops70 is offline   Reply With Quote