The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
slikside

Whose Brake Components Did You Use??

I'm planning a top-to-bottom brake system overhaul (stock), from the booster down to pads, and everything in between.

I've scoured the internet as well as the major auto parts stores for their prices, warrantees, etc..

Of the major parts stores, Orielly's (Brake Best) has a lower price and better warranty than Auto Zone (Duralast). Napa seems about in between on price, but couldn't find warranty info on them...guess I'll call.

Rock Auto has great parts (Raybesto and others), but when you need many components, they kill you on shipping from 5 or 6 different warehouses (and returns for cores making it tough to recoup the charge).

So my question is, what has been your experience with some of the above (and other) named components?? Whose did you like, and whose would you avoid regarding quality??

BTW, I did check several board vendors here, and will probably order some components from them.....I know I will not be buying everything from one place.

Appreciate any and all input. Thanks.
slikside is offline   Reply With Quote