The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
chevybuilder18

Hey yall im new here. And i have a few questions

Hello there fellow truck owners, im new to this site so id like to introduce my self. My names Alex.

I know what this sites about, and its all about chevy pick up trucks. Right place to be when you have one right? Well ill explain what i have, and im not bragging cause it needs serious TLC. The submodel is a 78 scottsdale, 2wd C10. The front clip however is for the silverado C10, no idea what year the clip is but looks pretty sharp. The bed is an old stepside, original cab and bed. The frame came off a 75 C10 short bed truck, the first frame was related to a car accident. The interior is all there, right down to the ceiling pristine. The gauges work, original 350 chevy and it runs pretty good. TH350 The rear brake line went out where the splitter connects, so we had to block em off for temparory till i get that fixed. I have 12 bolt full floater rear end, and the back plate looks like a big GM 14 bolt. Idk what gears are in the 12 bolt, was thinking bout putting a semi floater 92 G20 Van 10 bolt rear in with 3.42s, but before that i gotta figure out what i have now and decide if these ring and pinions would help save gas and make it move.

Any ideas on what this rear end has in it.? It has to be a 75, it cant be original.
Posted via Mobile Device
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote