The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
davepl

Complete chassis rebuild - Experiences?

With the cab off and the bed unbolted, I'm close to being ready to start in on the chassis. It'll take a while to disassemble and powder coat, but I'd like to start ordering parts.

On my '69 Pontiac 2+2 I used the PST polyurethane graphite-embedded stuff that you used to see on the back of every magazine cover. For the truck, I really don't know what to use... I guess just standard LMC stuff? Or is there a vendor that specializes in suspension bushings?

Is there a more sane approach than just going through the LMC (or similar) catalog and trying to make sure I get "one of everything"? It'd be nice if somsone offered kits to redo both the front and the rear, and then I could just add cab, bed, and rad support mounts and be done with it. So far, though, it looks like everything is broken out by piece and sold individually.

If you've been down this road before (this is my first truck restoration), I'm all ears! Share your pain and wisdom :-)
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote