The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
SeventyOne

Re: The "In over my head" build thread

Thanks for your service, Mondo.

I agree and I do want to blast the whole rig.

My only concern I have is completing the panel/rust replacement with the body off the frame. Something tells me I need to do this with the body on the frame with the doors and top on to make sure everything is straight.

But maybe being on a cart with the top and doors on will be good enough?

Never done this before so I don't want to screw something up and regret it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmfedr1 View Post
Just my two cents. Several of my brothers do bodywork/paint for a living and in most cases if they are given the opportunity to remove the body they will. Especially since you have the frame pretty much completed. So perhaps you should get a bodyshop to media blast the entire tub. As you may have read on here, once you get into the body channels- there might be more rust issues than you see on the surface. I am on my 3rd , this one a Blazer and as i suspected...more issues.
media blast
fix all rust issues
under coat
body work, then put it back on frame....then paint. Trust me...you don't want to manuver a freshly painted body onto a frame...
Nice work so far!

mondo

btw...I am active duty Army, 20+ years and counting...Godspeed for your brother!!!
SeventyOne is online now   Reply With Quote