The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
NightRodder

Question 88-98 stepside/sport side install

im putting a 92 sport side bed on my 77 2wd stepside truck. i already have the box sitting in place and a pretty good idea of how i plan on attaching it but i would love to hear from someone that has already done it.

ive been reading the forum for a while now and have yet to find more than a couple of rough pics of what others have done underneath by way of attaching the bed. if you know of a thread that might be helpful, please let me know.

what im curious about is what you did that worked and what you would do differently if you did it again. also are the frame specs the same on the late 60's-early 70's models as they are for my 77? if so, then maybe i can ask in that forum also.

what i dont want to hear is a bunch of whiners complaining that i shouldnt do it. i didnt ask for opinions and dont want them so if you cant add value to this thread please go complain elsewhere. ive noticed that the few times someone does ask for help here on this subject, that the first bunch of replies are just negative crap and would like a thread to help me and anyone/everyone else like minded minus the rubbish.

thanks in advance for any help on this.
NightRodder is offline   Reply With Quote