The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
74 stepside

The history of my truck

It started in 1974 when this truck was bought in Huntington Beach, Ca. In 1979 My mom remarried and I got a stepdad. We went every where in the truck. One day he picked me up from school and we went on a joy ride. He smoked the tires and we took off fast. From that day, I said someday I want this truck. He just smiled. I was 7 at the time. We went to the river towing a matching 18 foot jet boat many times. We also went to the desert with offroad toys countless times. I remember when I watched him build a carport off his barn at our desert house hauling all the supplies in that truck too. The truck went thru a few different set of wheels and a couple paint jobs over the years but always ran great. At 16 he taught me how to drive in it. All in all I have countless memories in this simple truck with my family. In 2001 just before my stepdad, Barney, passed away he said I want you to have the truck. Now after a bitter divorce, Iam finally getting all the parts together to rebuild my truck. A big block and 400 trans will find its way in the truck very soon along with all new suspension. These are some old pics of how it used to look. The last pic is how it is now, waiting its turn for a rebuid. When its my time to go, my son will get it next.
Attached Images

74 stepside is offline   Reply With Quote