The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #21
DBLSPRT68

Re: Squarebody club cab in Phx Pick N Pull

Quote:
Originally Posted by broey View Post
I went and looked at it today. it was a pile of crap, half of it was fiberglass, the roof had about 6 lbs of bondo and the interior trim was all damaged. Not the quality of truck I expected. So I'm on the fence about buying it now. I could put a sliding ragtop in to solve the roof issue, but im not sure I want a ragtop. and where they add on the extended cab they did a real hack job. So I would pretty much have to rebuild the whole thing. they hide all the horrible body work with tons of bondo, and all the horrible welds with interior trim. and the pinch welds on the bottom dont line up. and since my truck lays pinch thats sort of a big deal.
That's how they were built. Mine is the same way. If I keep it (I really want to) I want to correct all those area's and make it nice and tight. They are rare and attract a lot of attention. If that is what you are wanting........ All you need is a LWB frame, the converted cab, that converted bed; or you can use a regular short bed. Think about it some more before it's gone. A few years ago I tried to buy a different 85 extended cab and bed from a junkyard. They wouldn't do anything until they started to pull up the row to be crushed; then they were going to call me. They never called, I guess someone forgot....... That one is gone. I did get a second chance, and snapped that one up quick. It's in much better shape too Just my thoughts......
PROJECT TRUCK: 1985 SWB C10 Silverado Black/Charcoal, 1990 V2500 Suburban, 2018 Suburban, 2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB, 2014 Toyota Camry SE, HAD.....1968 Camaro RS/SS Family owned since new; 350 3 speed SOLD
DBLSPRT68 is offline   Reply With Quote