The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
ozzyman

Dad's 66 Custom Camper - Big Family/Small Budget

Well I made my first dent in the project. A little history my dad purchased the truck in 1969 used with 15,000 miles and put a camper on it a decade or so later. We used it for camping as I grew up as a kid until we upgraded to a full motorhome. At this point we pulled a set of 1 ton springs from under it as well as a set of hellwigs changing it back to 3/4 tons springs and pulled the camper off. I drove the truck from ages 16-20 until I joined the Air Force. I finally have an opportunity to begin working on this truck and will be headed to southern Cal to pick it up in a few months. This truck is fully operational and used occasional to pull loads and what not. it's equipped with a stock 327 with 98k original miles and a 4 on the floor w/ granny low.

Successfully drove her 440 Miles home with nothing but some extra power steering fluid. Also redid the exhaust real quick to help make the drive home more tolerable. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=517854

Today's progress, began gutting the interior for a glimpse at the rust

Passenger side looks good!

Drivers side has some cancer but overall not bad!

Got dark so I quit for the night

Sprayed all the rust down with Prep & Etch from Home Depot, Hoping it comes off easier tomorrow.

Progress will be slow We have 4 kids ages 10,7,5 and 2 + one more on the way (9 weeks along). On top of all that I am Active Duty Air Force and with my upcoming deployment I'm thinking I will have a big list of stuff to get done before I leave my wonderful wife alone with all our kids!

Thanks for looking! I leave you with my only boy, Levi, My soon to be handyman: http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/...-06-39_994.mp4
ozzyman is offline   Reply With Quote