The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2003, 02:31 AM   #1
GMC69

Unhappy Project hit a wall

Well I brought the truck back indoors ( where it was stored for the last 2 years) before what was left of Isabel came on Friday. I noticed that the roof had a crack ( figured it was bondo). I was right. It had to be almost 1/2" in some places and underneath it was dented really bad. So before I get going I know I need a new cab now. It also needed all 4 cab supports and new floor sections on the driver and passenger side, along with one cab corner and the kick panels.

Now since I know the cab is no good and the tailgate is no good, the box well, found one bad spot ( bondo again) and the floor I don't know since it still has the plastic box liner.

The only thing that looks good so far is the front clip, hood, and frame.

Should I just get a better truck and keep this one for parts or just get the metal I need, ( was thinking of getting the LWB stepside box from a 2003, I think it would look sweet with the newer style rounded body lines).

And to top it off, since i now know it will take more $$$ to get it going, it has been put on hold indefinetly.
I have to get my 1990 Bonneville SSE on the road so the fiance has a car to get to work ( I am on the road evryday with our 2003 Malibu).

So make a long ( really long) story short, fix what I have or get another truck ( hard to find a good one up here in Salt Land) and use this one for parts, ( once I get more $$$ I can hide).

Sorry for the long post, just a bit down about it and needed to say it.

2019 Silvedrado 4x4
1970 Chevy 3/4 ton, 396BB, on air bags
GMC69 is offline   Reply With Quote