The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
AK72K10

Alaska to Sconnie - 72K10 Rebuild 2012

Been 3 long years...
Bought my 72K10, noticed transmission leak, and the rest is history. That seal replacement started me on this rollercoaster ride of repairs that is culminating in a 3,000+ mile trip from Anchorage Alaska to Wisconsin. Packing my things, flying my kids out, and taking a one way road trip this summer. Removed the plumbers tape and sheet metal screws that a previous owner used for "repairs" and am now about 95% back online. Biggest mistake I have made to date (Aside from letting it sit so long) is buying a set of headers without first researching everything that they would effect upon install. That leads me to this post, the shifter linkage (350 - TH350) is in conflict with my headers, and since I can't (Won't) take them off because I am stubborn, that leaves me with only one option: Make it work. Tried bending, coaxing and cussing, but have now ended up approximately 2 inches too short. Any suggestions? Longer linkage, adapters, or custom brackets? If you have resources, please link them, I am all ears.
Will post pics of truck & trip if interested.
Thanks,
AK72K10
AK72K10 is offline   Reply With Quote